Friday, August 21, 2009

T H U R S D A Y


Thursday, Thursday, Thursday. Simple and sweet, spent time with my family. We saw Cold Souls at the Sunshine (my favorite indie theater), a new indie flick starring Paul Giamatti (as himself). I've never attempted to review a movie before, this should be interesting..

Synopsis: While rehearsing for a Czech play, Paul Giamatti comes to the conclusion that he can no longer find inspiration to develop his character. At his agent's request he reads an article in The New Yorker about a famous doctor who runs a soul storage business. Intrigued by the possibility of acquiring hopeful results, he ventures into the unknown, not realizing his life is about to become more complicated than it ever had been. This film is about the unexpected journey to self-discovery and appreciating the uniqueness of your own personal history. *** (3/4 stars).

Although the film was slow in that typical indie-artsy fartsy type of way, it was overall enjoyable, a unique plot, and gave me a lot to think about and appreciate about my life.
We ventured to Whole Foods afterwards upon my request, and bought such things as one pomegranate, chia seeds, cacao nibs, and cashew butter. The latter three items are to further my raw food exploration. I read about chia seeds here the other night, and was intrigued by their comparison to tapioca pearls when mixed with nut milk. Later that evening I flipped through my Nikon camera manual to check out hidden features I may have been overlooking the past few years. I played around with the flash settings in the Night Portrait mode. Oh God I sound like such a tech nerd!

Onto the visuals :)












xx
F

No comments:

Post a Comment