Thursday, December 17, 2009

stepping stone

This poem arose from being utterly grateful for a past experience. Everything in life is a lesson, from failing to having a car accident to losing a loved one, and I truly believe that relationships teach the most important ones.

Through this poem I wish to acknowledge that my life at present would not exist had I not had a specific past experience, and I am so thankful for that experience because my life is such a dream right now. Most often you only realize the most important lessons in life in retrospect, once they no longer hold significance, and to be truly grateful for those experiences is something that takes even more time. For some, it can be the beginning of healing and completion.


stepping stone

I opened my heart as wide as I could
Like expanding my lungs to its highest capacity
And ever since it cracked it hadn't been the same
Until he put the pieces back together

Because of you,
I met him
So now
I thank you
For being a stepping stone
And helping me take flight
To the one who now completes my life


No comments:

Post a Comment