Friday, December 11, 2009

Pure Thought

Watch this, you won't regret it :)






It speaks true to me on a personal level because I've always associated visualization with The Secret. Although I find flaws in how The Secret has been produced and mass-marketed to the public, I strongly believe in its core principle because it has always worked in my life, and I've witnessed its manifestation in the lives of others.

“Believe nothing merely because you have been told it. Do not believe what your teacher tells you merely out of respect for the teacher. But whatsoever, after due examination and analysis, you find to be kind, conducive to the good, the benefit, the welfare of all beings - that doctrine believe and cling to, and take it as your guide.” — Buddha

68 Seconds of Pure Thought reminded me to always seek knowledge, always question. For the past few months I've been in a "visualization rut" so to say, because I was SO attached to the outcome. I was really only doing it just so I'd get what I want, and EVEN THOUGH I did get what I wanted (the relationship of my dreams by the way), I lost touch with the fun of visualizing just for the sake of it. Just because its entertaining, like watching a movie as the narrator says. To go a bit deeper I would go as far as to say that this small, yet powerful distinction--visualizing for an outcome vs. for the pleasure of it-- is what differentiates the mind of a child from that of an adult. Children are always imagining for the joy of it; they have the most amazingly uninhibited imaginations. But as we grow older, notice how rigid and structured the mind becomes. Over the years the mind becomes a stranger to spontaneity and we slowly filter out the wonder in everyday life. After watching this clip I feel as though a part of me has been reconnected to that inner child, and I hope that whomever finds this will relate to it as well.

xx F


No comments:

Post a Comment